Monday, September 29, 2014

Leaving the fear...

Finally, at last, the hinges rotate.
The anticipation is too much to take.
My palms are sweaty; heart is racing.
Before I go on, I notice I'm pacing.
For years I have longed to pass on through,
And yet here I am, unsure what to do.
Do I go in and continue? Do I stay and wait?
What is it truly; I anticipate?
Why do I see it there, before the door?
The fear it lingered there, I can't ignore.
The door is open and yet I pause.
I try to move forward, but can't find the cause.
Have I lost my way, or is it temporarily hidden?
Do I doubt so much that happiness is forbidden?
At long last I take a step, then quickly another.
I can't stop now; I fear I'll fall over.
I won't turn back and always wonder why.
I'm going through now, at least I can say, "I try."

I have always had opportunities, but I always allowed my chances to pass me by because I was to afraid to give it a go. I know I'd be a different person if I would have allowed myself to succeed. Am I alone, or does anyone else feel this way a lot of times?

No comments:

Post a Comment