Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Stop, stupid!

     Will I ever stop being so dumb? I know the answers, and know what not to do, and yet I constantly peruse the incorrect actions. It's really annoying. I have always prided myself on my ability to use wisdom, but for some reason I don't take my own advice and wisdom doesn't elude me, not when I'm walking right past it as it tries to trip  me on the way out.

     I get disinterested, or get lazy or I allow myself to get sidetracked, and I always know what I shouldn't be doing, and yet, to quote Whitesnake - "Here I go again on my own". I have been in and out of the hospital this year 3 and all of them are because of me. I chose to ignore something, or chose to not go when I should have, or at least tell my wife about it.
   
     The first was because of an ulcer. I was worked up over some non-sense, and I'm sure my lack of water didn't help! Then, and infection that I was trying to ignore, and when I got an allergic reaction, I thought, "Hey, surely it is something else," even thought I didn't change any of my other habits. DUH! Come on Mike, you're smarter than this.

     Stop, stop, stop, STOP! Make better choices. You know what to do, and how to do it. Sometimes it's as simple as putting on a mask to not inhale something that may be toxic, or wearing jeans to not get poison ivy, or perhaps something more like, GO TO THE DOCTOR WHEN YOU FEEL SOMETHING IS WRONG! (sorry about yelling, but maybe it'll get through.) Don't let fear get to you, and do what you know you are supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment