Monday, July 7, 2014

Toy Minefield

It's late at night and you've decided it's time to go to bed. You get up out of your comfortable chair and start to walk across the living room. It's dark now and you can't see anything except the small area your phone shows. You aren't looking down because you're looking for walls so you don't run into them.

  Then, you hit 1. The first one start making a noise. Maybe you slip, maybe you don't, but as you gain your footing, you hit another. Now there's a cacophony of toys going off around you. you bend over and cut them off only to find that the lighted area from your phone shows that you're surrounded...

I don't know about you, but it seems like my kids plant toys at the end of the night for me. I sometimes feel like my wife is in on it too. They all just seem so perfectly placed. My path is common and they know it. It only happens if I forget to have Emma clean up before we put her to sleep. Anyone else feel this way about the minefield? 

No comments:

Post a Comment