Friday, July 4, 2014

238 years ago...

It's crazy to think that 238 years ago, our country was founded. For those in a different country, that is the United States. From those 13 colonies we grew into the nation we have today. I have always been proud to be an American and proud to be from Texas. Although the date is disputed I celebrate the 4th of July. So, Happy Independence day everyone!


My country, my country
Proudly I say,
Today is the day,
The nation was made.
Heroes were made,
and many were lost.
Steep was the cost.
America, America,
My country, America,
I look to the sky,
I see my flag fly,
And a tear in my eye,
Comes to me as I see,
Thy sweet majesty.
America, sweet America,
To the soldiers of present and past,
The warriors that dies and didn't last,
Thank you, for what you do,
For, without you,
We wouldn't have,
My precious America.

Happy Independence day US of A and to my fellow countrymen. GOD bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment