Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mirror

Mirror, mirror
Who do you see?
When I look at you,
Is it really me?
Reflection oh, is it true,
As my eyes see straight through.
They pierce,
They cut,
They're fierce,
They're put,
My mind into a spin,
So dirty, I see my sin.
Could that be me?
That it is I see?
I hardly recognize my face.
I now have replace,
Could that be me?
Could it be...
Me?

For the longest time I hated looking into a mirror. I would see this person that I despised and hated all at once. I couldn't get past it. Brushing my teeth, my hair, shaving or putting my contacts in. It took a peace that I could only get when I found salvation in Christ, and from nothing else. Have you ever experienced this before? Have you ever looked into the mirror and not recognized yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment