Saturday, July 12, 2014

Zombies

Your eyes glazed over,
Your moth is agape.
The night is over,
Your not even awake.
You groan,
You moan,
You feel the hunger inside.
Your prey cannot hide.
Numb is your brain,
As your habits claim,
The direction that you go.
You do everything
You already know.
Day in and day out,
You complete the daily task.
Do do things without a pout,
And you don't even ask,
"Why do I do this mindless thing,
Every single day?"
Shouldn't my brain have some say?"


Ha! not what you thought. How many of you thought it was about Shawn of The Dead type zombies, or Night of the Living Dead? Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't. I had been a mindless zombie before with my job and life. Just woke up and did everything I was expected to, but I have broken away from this. Anyone else broken away as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment