Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A teachers tears.

It breaks my heart to see you cry,
It breaks my heart to not know why.
I see a tear go down your face.
I feel my heart start to race.
Your little eyes begin to swell,
I see the tear come up from the well.
Stumped at what I should say,
Wonder if my words are okay.
You'r uncle is gone, but don't forget,
The smiles that his love would get.
For when you think of him don't be sad,
Remember the smiles and be glad.

To one of my students. She just lost her uncle and I was lost for words when she started crying in class. It breaks my heart to see any of my children in pain.  I hope that I was able to comfort her just a little. That's my prayer for her and her family. I'm so thankful she has great classmates that were helping comfort her. Anyone else feel helpless sometimes when you talk to someone that just lost a family, friend or loved one? What did you say to comfort them? Is it better to hold back the tears or to cry with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment