Monday, October 6, 2014

A new teacher

    I have always considered myself a teacher except at my first job, -Lines Ref. and Center Ref. at the age of 11 and 12 for soccer. My first "real" job at Papa John's, my job at Sheridan's Frozen Custard, and at the call center. Heck, even at the dealership I was teaching computers and helping with the web design (I did terrible by the way). I even have experience as a teacher for Sunday school at my old church, but honestly I'm more of a talker than anything else.

    Well, now here I stand as teacher. It's now what I'm doing as my profession and I really enjoy it. It's difficult to separate myself from being in the class and staying on subject. My respect for any teacher has increased by tenfold and continues to grow still. I knew it was hard work, but I am continually learning just how much work it is. A teacher doesn't just work for 8 hours a day or 9, but in everything they do! Reading a book and growing themselves to help these precious minds grow.

    I'm still a new teacher, and I have much to learn, but I am thankful that I have great people next to me, with a teachers heart.


A lot I had learned,
and still have learned not.
My rank have I earned,
but perhaps I have not.
Still learning I am,
and always will be.
No matter how I plan,
I continue to grow me.
My eyes my grow weary,
and so with my mind.
My brain can be in a flurry,
but still I'll be kind.
They are the future,
of me and of you,
I must always be careful,
Of what it is I do.
Impressions are made,
and seldom are lost.
The shame might fade,
but it come with a cost.
So keep on the straight,
don't make them feel less.
Help shape these kids fate,
and become a success.

Teachers! Lend me your mind! Is there a book that has helped you find your success with the students? I'm teaching high school and I am really enjoying it!


No comments:

Post a Comment