Monday, November 10, 2014

The window...

I peer into the window,
And through I see the soul.
I see a grassy meadow,
The sun is hung down low.
Clouds are gathered all round,
The shadows they do cast.
The rain already on the ground,
The storm's already past.
The sun, perhaps, isn't down low,
But only just coming up.
The sun is making it's way slow,
Your day is looking up.
I look away from the window,
Look up and I see you.
-  VMH

The eyes tell us so much, and while our face hides what we are going through the eyes struggle with the lie. Have you ever hurt? Have you ever put on a face only to have your eyes tell on you? I have, for a long time I hid my face in shame, then, after several years, I started to act tough an indomitable, but it was just a facade. I was hurt and in pain and wanted to tell someone, but was too afraid that I would be judged by my peers, family and friends. It was a tough time for me, but I made it through and perhaps you didn't go through the same struggles as I did, but I know you had some too. I'm here to tell you that they do get better and that they really do make you that much stronger! Don't give up and give in, but push through and be that much stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment