Wednesday, August 19, 2015

After the interview

New Boss: Why didn't you tell me you were related to him?
Me: if I got the job, I wanted it to be because I got the job, and not because of who I am related to.
Interviewer: I can respect that. Welcome aboard, if like to see how high you can climb.

That was the most memerable conversation I had with the former VP and her manager. I won't say any names, but I'll never forget their faces and tones at that time. 

I had been working at a restaurant chain and had become its GM, but I was betrayed! If you'd like to hear aboutthe  betrayal, ask, and I'll post it, it's a long story, but that's not what this post is about. I came to this company with high hopes and growing aspirations. I knew I could make it to a manager, a leader and I was willing to start at the bottom.

This is a small snippet of the next posts. My story of how a person from the bottom saw management and how it all changed. This is a story about leadership as viewed from the "bottom".

No comments:

Post a Comment