Thursday, June 11, 2015

Momentum...

I feel like right now I have a lot of momentum, but I'm dialing it back. Why? Because I don't want to be like a giant ball rolling down a hill or mountain. Still, why? Why would it be a bad thing to have so much momentum that you're rolling down a hill or mountain?

Hills have ends, as do mountains. Sometimes you aren't always just rolling, but there are some hurling that goes on as well. Bouncing, and bang-ups and snags, but still rolling until you hit the end of the mountain. Then, you either stop, or you keep going until you crash into something.

I don't want to crash. I want to keep going like a runner that is persistent and takes intentional steps. Methodical and going at the right pace to not burn out and run out of gas, but to persist long enough to reach the goal regardless of the place you become. Sure, you want to win, why wouldn't you? But is it important to win and push yourself so hard that you burn out and quit, or is it better to finish and get your product out?

I'm working towards the latter. I have so many projects that I want to work on, but I don't want to burn myself out. Which is why I'm pacing myself and not barreling headfirst down a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment